O July, I miss you already...
♫ NOOOOOOOOWW thaaatt you're gOOOoooooOONNNE...
was what I did so WRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGG,
SO WROOOOOONNNNNG
THAT YOU HAD TO LEEEEEEEEEAAAVVVEE MEEE ALOOOOOOOHOOOONNNE ♫
George Michael described it perfectly.
NOT this George Michael

THIS George Michael

ANYWAYS. Time to summarize July.
Let us discuss SOCIAL TERRORISM.
THIS is social terrorism:

This is part of why people don't take me seriously. I do weird things at people. Several times I have walked into a birthday party I was not invited to, found the birthday boy/girl, introduced myself, thrown them over my shoulder, and spun them around at cosmic speeds--one revolution for each year of their life.

Misdemeanor offenses include:
- singing people's names loudly in situations they are likely uncomfortable in
- asking any guy & girl standing next to each other at any social or nonsocial gathering if they are lovers
- stealing people's phones and taking pictures of random people with them
- c
Actually I'm just gonna stop right there, I don't wanna reveal too much. Maybe now that I've told you, I will feel awkward doing these things.
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Despite such despicable acts of social terrorism, I actually am pretty serious inside. Last night, after dividing & conquering the town, there was much Nintendo to be had. Paul, Randy, Connor, & I play at an incredibly high level. As we play, we discuss the issues. Serious issues. So serious I can't even write them.
Serious stuff. Paul G. & I spoke at a church meeting last Sunday night. It went alright. Despite how nervous & unprepared I felt, I was very pleased with how the words came out. I think I made sense.
Afterwards, a few people I know treated me differently than they normally do. It was an, "I didn't know you ever thought about anything beside laser guns & how to freak me out," type response. Usually Michelle Stones runs away whenever I get within 5 feet of her, but that night she was actually down for a conversation. Strange. So strange. I guess not that strange.
NEW SUBJECT.
We're overdue for a picture so here's Kenny Loggins:

Yep. Ummmmmmmm ok so I had a birthday party on July 10th.
Here's the pic & description I used for the Facebook event:
Steve's 24th!! = CEREAL + NINTENDO + SWIMMING + YOU
eat TONS of cereal, enjoy NINTENDO, scuba dive, meet rad new people

Despite the best efforts of communist dictators & HOAs everywhere,
Steve has survived yet another year.
You are invited to come celebrate.
HOLY MONKEYS!! 20+ kinds of cereal to choose from!!
OH YES! 1%, 2%, skim, and whole milks!
We spared no expense.
Two floors of insanity + the backyard! Old & new people!
NINTENDO 64, Wii, and the ORIGINAL NES will be good to go!
AT THE SAME TIME.
SWIMMING for those aquatically inclined.
BUFORD, Steve's mildly retarded but undeniably charming beagle will be present for photographs.
BILLIARDS--AIR HOCKEY--PING flipping PONG--FOOSBALL
Yeah, I know, excessive use of ALL CAPS.
Anyways. I was pleased with the turnout. I especially enjoyed that roughly a fifth of the people there were persons I had never before met. I like that. I'm usually that person, going to random party I heard about by text. I hope they felt welcome.
A BOATLOAD of cereal was consumed.

My excellent brother Connor created the "24" seen below. Perfect mathematics.

There were also 21 gallons of milk. 14 were used that evening. My fam toasted the rest before the expiration date.
The girl at the checkout counter enjoyed my cart full of cereal followed by a cart full of milk. I invited her to come to the party, but alas, she did not show. I told her that I had become sick of swimming in chlorinated water and had elected to try whole milk.
Ummmmmm hopefully I'll be checking in weeklyish. If you want me to answer any specific questions just hit me by email or facebook message.
16 comments:
dear steve,
i think you should know i am in love with you and think we should get married.
i also thoroughly enjoyed this blog thing. i am glad i happened to click on it when i saw it in my news feed.
the picture of gorge michael (bluthe, not the other one) made me excessively happy as well.
love,
olivia baser
ROFL. Hilarious. I so wished I could have been in town to come to your bday party which was also held the same day as my real birthday. So sad again to have missed you at the fireside. Im glad it went well. Yep yep you do strange things to girls, like spin them around, but it is sort of cool too and unexpected. You are one big ball of spontaneous steveness.
I love you.
I don't think there is much more to say.
You are why blogs were created!
First of all, I want it to be clear that you and I have had many an interesting and deep talks in our day so anyone that was shocked by your fireside talk was missing out. I wish I would have known. I would have love to hear and P-Diddy talk.
As for your birthday party, I am thoroughly bummed. I thought it was the 17th. Probably cuz thats the day I wrote on my calendar by accident. I was so wanting to go and so disappointed when I heard how much fun everyone had the week after the actual party which was really the week of the party in my head.
You are hilarious Steve and I miss the CARRYON Jeep days. Thanks for coming to my birthday party though. You never let me down.
oh and Arrested Development is the best show ever created and I am going to see the movie the day it comes out. You should join us.
you are very silly! hahahaha!
That party was fun. It as so fun, I was the last to leave. Beeowh!
steve! i just added you to our blog. i'm so digging this.
i love you! lol and i want to hear you guys discuss serious stuff.... too bad i missed the fireside. :(
i'll be back soon enough of yall should come here!
<3
Good stuff. Your birthday party was amazing. I look forward to reading your future bloggage.
kylefwright.blogspot.com/
Steve, your are great. I forget how much you make me laugh...but now after reading your blog, I am reminded. Thanks for the cackles!
steve...
i have 4 words for you!
YOU ARE MY HERO!
Steve-O,
I am cranky today. Stumbling upon your blog has made me happy. I needed 5 minutes of something that doesn't annoy me. You are funny. And you have the best blog pictures ever.
Keep it up.
Lindsee
steve, I am glad you came for dinner tonight so we could find out about your wonderful blog. you should hang out with us tonight after your choir shindig.
If you didn't have Waffle Crisp at your cereal-a-thon then I don't think we can be e-friends.
Post a Comment